Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Blueberry Pie




This summer was great for blueberries. There were sales all over the place. So I purchased a lot and froze them. I forgot all about them (of course) so in my quest for a lost veggie burger for lunch I came upon my lovely blueberries. I usually make a blueberry coffee cake but my friend has been hounding me for a pie. So I obliged. And here it is. I really need to work on my appearance. I decided to make a wide lattice for the top but my crust needs help. I am going to practice this weekend. But here is the finished product. The crust is made entirely of butter which is not always the best choice. But butter was on sale so there.

The other pie is a sandwich pie. It is a very rich and sweet (not too sweet) crust like a pate brisee. This is made only with butter the addition of an egg and some white wine (or vodka because the alcohol adds texture) and a more crumbly-butter-cookie-texture (only softer) and filled with slices of sweet ham, roast pork, cheese, pickles mayo, and mustard. Baked until golden and a really great lunch menu item. I think I will make some mini ones for the holidays. I have the whole and then sliced pic. Great stuff and what a crazy description of the crust but it's as accurate as I can get. You can contact for recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment