Sunday, September 27, 2009


Autumn is here and it is about 90 degrees with an overcast sky. Miami is quite lovely....in January. Ah well, it isn't exactly a great day to have a raging oven on for about 5 hours, but that is exactly what I did. First up, a lovely Nutella pound cake. I must say, this is absolutely delicious. A rich tender and very moist crumb with a lovely swirl of rich chocolatey hazelnut spread. Just go with your favorite pound cake recipe and after you prepare your pan pour about 1/3 of the batter in then half a jar of very smooth, pourable Nutella and then the next third of the bater and the other half of the 13 oz jar of Nutella and then the final third of the pound cake batter. You may need to nuke the Nutella for about 15 seconds or in my case I just let it sit near a window and well...in this heat, that was it. The result is a rich and delicious pound cake. If you really feel you must add something else I suppose a ganache topping isn't out of the question but..I wouldn't. This is going to go great with a simple scoop of vanilla ice cream.

My next endeavor is the slow braising of a lovely piece of pork. I let the pork slowly braise in the oven for about 3 and 1/2 hours in lemongrass, green onions, garlic, and 5 spice powder; then threw together a lovely glaze of rice wine vinegar, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, tamari sauce, ketchup and honey. It is sitting in the oven now and will be removed shortly and shredded to go in some buns. Delicious! A pan-asian fusion sandwich is what I am aiming for. I hope to post a picture if i get a chance.

Will be posting up some pictures soon of experimental photography. I am on a quest and am in the process of practicing with my Canon Powershot but hope to get another one if my picture taking improves. I am also dabbling in making my little films that are waaaaaaay better than my pictures. Wish me luck or you if you plan on seeing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment