Thursday, December 30, 2010

Le Croque



I saw a recipe for a croque madame and simply had to try it.  I made it for a brunch for family on Christmas  eve and I do believe it was a hit.  Thick slices of artisan sourdough bread filled with ham, bechamel sauce, gruyere cheese and topped with a lovely fried egg.  One of the egg yolks got a little more firm than I would have liked but...I didn't have to eat it :-)  The other 3 were perfectly runny.  This classic was simply served with a side of warm spinach salad.  I enjoyed trying this recipe as I have never attempted to make this sandwich before and those who ate it thought it came out quite nicely so it was a success!

I hope to make some nice nibbles for New Year's Eve along with various drinks.  I don't know what it is about those around me lately, but nobody drinks.  I have never been a drinker and now it feels as though everyone around me is dry as well.  How odd.  I have all this alcohol and nobody wants it.

I think I'll start drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment